The Indian Health Service (IHS)/Albuquerque Area Taos Picuris Service Unit (TPSU) has need for an RN Case Manager.
Provides standard nursing care for patients throughout the age continuum with the following specifications:
• Develops, implements and evaluates care plans
• Promotes health care outcomes with currently accepted clinical practice guidelines
• Provides patient education, advice and information on health assessment, disease processes, medications and treatment plans
• Integrates patient and family education into the delivery of care. Educational activities will recognize the age, gender, race, ethnicity, diversity, and cultural norms of the individual patient and incorporate the patient and family ability to understand and participate in the plan of care
• Assesses patient needs using established clinical guidelines, protocols, and pathways
• Initiates therapeutic interventions and administers medications as prescribed by medical providers
• Provides appropriate follow-up as directed or per established guidelines
• Assists with obtaining lab results, medical tests, discharge summaries and other information within the hospital and other facilities and assists with arranging appointments, procedures and discharge planning.
• Uses appropriate medical supplies and/or equipment for the assigned clinic, such as 12-lead EKGs, fetal monitor, pulse oximeter, etc. and collects patient specimens, including blood draw, if needed.
• Processes lab specimens for transport or perform tests, such as waived tests, to obtain results.
• Will rotate at least once a week providing RN duties for the COVID-19 Hot Team
• Conducts daily monitoring of patients with COVID-19 during self-isolation and contacts during self-quarantine for temperature, signs/symptoms. The monitoring methodology training will be provided
• Collects COVID-19 specimen
• Supports COVID-19 vaccine clinics
• Observes and abides by all Policies and Procedures, Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations of the Taos-Picuris Service Unit