Multiple locations throughout CA, AZ, and NM are looking for ON CALL Phlebotomists.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Perform venipuncture in the Outpatient and Inpatient sections of the lab and perform pre-analytical accessioning of samples in other sections of the Laboratory.
- Perform proper specimen collection and labeling procedures used for routine and special procedures. Perform all standard laboratory techniques related to phlebotomy, i.e., correct patient identification, proper collection of samples (volume, tube type, temperature and/or timing conditions) and collection of specimens for urinalysis, 24-hour urines, toxicology and microbiological (sputum and urine).
- Must accession all specimens in receiving area and ensure timely transport and distribution of specimens to all sections of the laboratory so immediate processing and testing can be initiated. If unable to deliver samples due to peak workloads, contacts sectional personnel to transport samples.
- Completes other tasks as assigned relating to phlebotomy.
- CV or Resume
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and a graduate of a Phlebotomy training program.
- Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Basic Life Support (BLS) by an American Health Association Vendor.
- A minimum of one (1) year clinical laboratory experience within the last three (3) years. VA experience is desirable.
- Must be a United States citizen.
Why work with World Wide Medical?
- Weekly Pay- Direct Deposit every Friday
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Flexible Scheduling
- Full service housing & travel scheduling