The Cheyenne River Health Center (CRHC), falls under the Great Plains Area Office
(GPAO). Cheyenne River Health Center (CRHC) provides medical care for approximately
9,000 tribal members living on the CRST Reservation. Serving a rural area, many of our patients
travel 100 miles round trip to receive care. The CRHC was built in 2011 to provide an
expanded level of health care services specifically designed to meet the needs of the CRHC
population. The Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe through a 638 contract with IHS, operates four
satellite health stations which offer basic ambulatory services at Cherry Creek, Red Scaffold,
Swiftbird, and Whitehorse communities. Services include: Emergency Room Department,
Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Public Health Nursing, Radiology Services, Inpatient Care,
Laboratory, MRI, Dental, Community Health, Contract Health Services, Dietitians, Audiology,
Eye Care, Inpatient, Pain Management, and Specialist Clinics: OB/GYN, ENT, Podiatry &
Duties shall encompass:
1. The contract pharmacist shall assist in ensuring the appropriate use of pharmaceutical
problems by each patient within the requirements and objectives of the patient’s total
healthcare plan. The contract pharmacist shall participate in activities to:
• Ensure appropriate pharmacotherapy for each patient. The Contract
pharmacist shall use his/her professional knowledge and skill to
communicate clinical judgments to the treatment Learn and the patient.
• Assess the patient’s knowledge and capability for
understanding/communicating the treatment plan. The contract
pharmacist shall educate the patient/family/caregiver to increase the
understanding and knowledge of the patient’s treatment plan.
• Determine with the patient potential problems in adhering to the treatment
plan. The contract pharmacist shall help the patient/family/caregiver
generate solutions to potential treatment plan adherence problems.
• Monitor outcomes for each patient as appropriate.
• Prepare the pharmaceutical products. The contract pharmacist shall
prepare, or oversee the preparation by a pharmacy technician or
automated device, the pharmaceutical product.
• Prepare the label. The contract pharmacist shall perform routine
prescription data entry and create the label for the medication.
• Present the prescribed medication to the patient. The contract pharmacist
shall deliver or supervise the delivery of the medication to the patient,
counsels as required by law or regulation and provides education
material to the patient appropriate for the ordered medic11tion,
• Experience working with ln RPMS, EHR and ScriptPro is not mandatory but is